Lebanon: We will have to wait to know the formation of the new government
#Economy #Tourism #LEBANON
Denys Bédarride
Monday 11 July 2022 Last update on Monday, July 11, 2022 At 7:30 AM

Players in the tourism sector expect the arrival of 1.2 to 1.5 million visitors for the 2022 summer season.

According to airline ticket reservations, 80 to 85% of visitors are Lebanese expatriates. The remaining 15%-20% would include tourists from Iraq, Egypt, Jordan, France and the United States. Tourists from the Gulf countries who had contributed to making 2009 and 2010 boom years for the tourism sector would be missed.

In addition to the fact that the number of visitors expected will be higher than that recorded last year, tourism professionals also expect them to spend more. According to estimates put forward by the outgoing Minister of Tourism, the economic benefits of these visitors should reach $3.5 billion (compared to approximately $1.2 billion in the summer of 2021 according to the president of the union of restaurant and nightclub owners , coffees and pastries). 

This difference is explained in particular by the fuel shortages experienced last summer and which had a strong impact on travel in the country.

Source : Embassy of France in Lebanon

Réagissez à cet article

Vos commentaires

Rejoignez la discussion

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *